On-Grid Solar Service Control Panel
Our Solar Service Control Panels (SSCP – pictures below) give an electrician or the Do-It Yourself’er (DIY) an easy way to connect a home or businesses solar array to the electric utility. The SSCP helps you easily meet the National Electric Codes by making it very easy to connect solar to your home or business.
The SSCP currently comes in two sizes: 7.6KW or 11.4KW panel with SolarEdge inverters installed. The SSCP includes no hassle connectors to your solar array and to your electric utility company. The following components are pre-wired in the cabinet:
- The SolarEdge inverter (7.6KW or 11.4KW)
- Utility fed main circuit breaker (NEC requirement).
- Solar power inverter AC protection circuit breaker (NEC requirement).
- Solar inverter has utility interconnected rapid DC shutdown (NEC requirement).
- Utility rated 200 Amp lever bypass meter socket (sometimes referred to as the reversing meter).
- Customer grounding connections inside the cabinet.
- External ground connection for power limited devices.
- Handle actuator kit for external main breaker operation and lockout.
- Power monitoring device for solar production and residence usage.
- The cabinet has Nema 3R environmental ratings to keep the inverter and all associated parts in a secure environment. The intrinsically safe enclosure keeps high voltage DC isolated inside the cabinet. The cabinet is LOCKABLE and is fan ventilated.
- Includes a built in power analysis module for secondary metering.
- The cabinet is a utility rated enclosure and is engineered for a solar application.
- Includes a built in utility meter socket for power production verification.
- Lockable main disconnect for utility servicing and inspection.
- Provisions for rapid shut down are incorporated by design.
- Compact design keeps visual impact to a minimum; eliminating the need to have 5-10 components connected with conduit on the outside of the building.
- Compact design with all these features already installed lets the DIY installer easily install the SSCP themselves. It also cuts an electricians installation time by at least 70% and normally can be done by one person.
- Color match cabinet options available at an extra charge.
- Load tested design ensures a flawless start up of your solar service.
- Clearly identified terminals for AC and DC power.
- Engineered and Service rated for code compliance and easy installation
- Manual overrides for system maintenance and inspection.
- Fans and filters built for heavy dust environment.
- Lockout disconnect standard for safe servicing.
- Can easily be used with batteries for off-grid usage.
Picture below is from a larger solar installation; 70 solar panels.